Many years ago, when I ran a bed & breakfast Inn, I made these almost every morning. My guests always asked if there were seconds! They’re that good! They go well with just about any breakfast. You will love these.
The best part about making these is how easy they are to make. This recipe starts with these. Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits.
Not just the regular buttermilk biscuits. They MUST BE the Flaky Layers Biscuits!
My daughter made these for a family brunch last winter. After her father in law took one bite, he said to her “You’ve been in the family now for almost 8 years. How is it that you have never made these for us before now?”
Don’t put it off. You gotta make these right away! Your family will thank you. Your tummy will thank you.
The instructions are pretty complicated. You might want to take extensive notes!
1. Open the can of biscuits.
2. Melt 1/2 stick of real butter.
3. Pour about 3/4 c. cinnamon sugar into a bowl.
4. Dip the biscuits in butter then the cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake the cinnamon coated biscuits at 350° for 14-17 minutes or until golden.
That’s it! they come out crunchy and flaky and delicious! You’ll want seconds!